Sunday, February 13, 2011

Divine Romance

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.[Zephaniah 3:17]

From movies, to Disneyland, to Paris, to songs...Romance is everywhere. I may not be going out to a romantic dinner with my husband tomorrow night but that doesn't bother me. I am romanced everyday by my King, my Creator, my Author - the One who created romance and is love. He brings me my favorite color flowers on the side of the road every Valentine's day, He brings me friends who tangibly show me His love, He brings me sunsets and the smile on that close friend's face when I tell them I love them.

Tomorrow is a day to celebrate romance and I will be. The most amazing romance I have ever and ever will be apart of, my romance with Jesus Christ. Jesus redeemed me, purchased me, fought for me, died for me, sacrificed EVERYTHING for me... so that I can be blameless, so that I can be made new, so that I can live forever, so that I can be holy, so that I can know Him personally. Jesus made so many sacrifices for ME, not for Himself... but for me.

Think about all the Disney movies, all the fairy tales... good vs. evil. The Prince sacrificing his life to win the princess back and save her. The Prince usually doesn't die but in that moment as he is fighting for her he knows he could. Jesus is our Prince, He sacrificed His life to win us back to Him and to save us... and then He rose, defeating evil forever. What a victorious and handsome Knight in shining armor.

I would like to challenge every bitter or depressed person out there this Valentine's Day to look to the real Romance, the one between Jesus Christ and yourself. I love that God also gives us earthly relationships to celebrate as well, so if that is you... I say, celebrate. Rejoice that you have love - whether from Jesus Christ alone or Jesus and a significant other. Realize that the only romance that is eternal and lasts forever is with the One who is also eternal and lasts forever. Look throughout your day and notice the way God romances you, through people, through nature, through songs, through His Word, but most importantly... through His Son and His Cross.

Rejoice and be glad, you are apart of the most fullfilling and lasting romance. The Divine Romance with Jesus Christ.

My beloved is mine and I am His. [Song of Songs 2:16]

The fullness of Your grace is here with me
The richness of Your beauty’s all I see
The brightness of Your glory has arrived
In Your presence God, I’m completely satisfied

For You I sing I dance
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love

A deep deep flood, an Ocean flows from You
Of deep deep love, yeah it’s filling up the room
Your innocent blood, has washed my guilty life
In Your presence God I’m completely satisfied

1 comment:

  1. love love love this! lindsay, just, amazing.
    it's so easy to look to the earthly things for fulfillment, and especially for love, and to forget that we are passionately loved and relentlessly pursued by the Almighty God. what more could we ever need or hope for??
    love this, love you <3

    ReplyDelete