Thursday, December 16, 2010

His Burden

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

Jesus was such a beautiful and gentle man with a kind and easy Spirit. He calls us to Him, to cast our burdens and our anxieties on Him. He will take them from us and give us His burden in return which is light, which is peace, which is rest. The Lord is always inviting us to come away with Him and find rest. "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one and come with me." (Song of Songs 2:10) Our Maker is inviting us... to come away with Him, find rest, peace, beauty, joy, comfort, and love... in Him. He invites us to come have life, and life to the fullest. "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." (John 10:10) He gives us a consistent source of life and freedom, simply by surrendering everything to Him and His Kingdom.

"On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, "Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." (John 7:37, 38)

Come to Jesus, meet Him in a new, fresh way this Christmas. Maybe you haven't entered into a relationship with Jesus... come to Him, give Him your burdens in exchange for His which is light. Give heavy, recieve light.

Hallelujah - Emmanuel, Praise the Lord - God is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment