Sunday, June 16, 2013

Let Heaven Come

Lord, help me to blog simply and straightforwardly...what I am about to try to explain through my own words really needs Your Holy Spirit. So Lord come and give me and everyone reading this a better understanding of Heaven and Your beauty.

Hi! 

On Friday June 14, 2013 my life was changed. I had the Lord put on my heart a couple weeks ago to have a worship night at my house and a time of prayer for my best friend Ashley before she left for camp. So I was obedient and made a facebook event, texted people, and instagram invited pretty much everyone. I prayed over my house all week as I cleaned it and just really felt like Friday was going to be amazing. I was expectant and excited.

Everyone that came to my house that night was supposed to. Every person individually was predestined to be in my living room & kitchen that night. I have been to a lot of worship nights and obviously they have all been amazing but tonight was different. Not because it was at my house, but because every person in the room was hungry and wanted to worship, everyone in the room loved to worship, everyone in the room wants to see God's kingdom come to this earth and they want to be apart of it, they are fired up, they are pressing in, and they want more. More of Him, less of them They want to see our generation rise up and live out our calling as the Beloved of God. They want to see His Gospel go to the ends of the earth with power and with a love that this world does not know. They want Heaven. 

Even now I am getting goosebumps just thinking about it. 

It was the most genuine room of worship I have ever been in, no one cared or noticed anyone else, each person was solely focused on the Lord and the room was just flooded with love for Him and adoration for Him. 

We had people jumping from instrument to instrument - drums, guitar, singing, tambourine... the Body was working in a beautiful and musical way. We were dancing in the kitchen, sitting on the floor, standing in the living room. We were shouting and clapping and laughing and dancing. We were crying and praying and blessing and breaking. We were simply loving God. We put Him in His rightful place in that time and it was beautiful to see Him respond, it isn't something I am going to be able to explain via interweb but it is something I am praying right now in the name of Jesus that you will experience, and if you believe that Jesus is the savior of the world and of your world than you will experience it in Heaven because I truly felt like I was in Heaven last night. 

One of the purest nights of worship and prayer. What a blessing that after we finished worship we got to pray for one of our sisters in Christ before she leaves to Oregon to work for a Christian Camp and lead young girls! What a blessing that we can come before the Lord and lift up a friend! What a blessing that we can encourage them and affirm them. What a blessing we can speak truth over them and protect them from the enemy in Jesus name. How thankful I am for that Name! The Name that breaks every chain, sets hearts on fire, and ties us together closer than family! Oh the power and beauty and purity in that Name, how holy and lovely is His Son! 

I can't even begin to imagine Heaven because last night was a glimpse of it and I can barely comprehend it... maybe as time progresses I will have more understanding but I don't know if I need to. It was simply beautiful and that is all that really matters and I can't thank everyone who came enough... for being obedient to the Spirit and coming expectant and hungry and ready to worship the One who gave it all. I love and cherish you dearly and pray for an increase of whatever you experienced last night. Lord we cry out for more, we want more of Your presence, we want more of Heaven, we want more hunger for You, and we want more purity in our generation... "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will SEE God." - May we be a generation that sees You, and responds rightfully.

In Him I rejoice and praise,
Amen.

And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the Lord:
“For He is good,
For His mercy endures forever toward Israel.”
Then all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid.
(Ezra 3:11)





No comments:

Post a Comment