Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Clothed With Salvation

This is just a quick post on a word the Lord gave me today in my quiet time, I pray that it encourages you.

I was reading Psalm 132 and randomly felt the Lord put 2 Chronicles on my heart. So I was flipping through and saw that Chapter 7 was titled "Fire From Heaven" so I obviously wanted to read that and as I was reading it I decided to go back to chapter 6 and get some context. In chapter 6 verse 41 it says "Let your priests, O Lord God, be clothed with salvation, and let Your saints rejoice in Your goodness." Which was exactly what I read in Psalm 132 verse 9! ("Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness, and let Your saints shout for joy.")

Having both of those verses come up repetitively in my quiet time really made me feel like I needed to press in to it, so after praying and yielding I really feel the Lord putting it on my heart that we are to be clothed with salvation, people should see our salvation on us just like they see our clothes. Our salvation should fully cover us, even the parts of our body we are insecure about or the parts that need protection from the sun or what not. We should be clothed with salvation, it should be something we daily wear and that people see on us. This is talking about us individually as "priests" since we are now all priests through Christ.

The second part of both of the verses where it says "saints" refers to the entire body of believers. May we always be rejoicing because of God's goodness, may we reclaim the word good for God, may we as a church show the world God's goodness and when we praise and worship Him, may it be with shouts of joy! May our generation be loud! Shouting praise and joy! I love that all throughout scripture and even earlier in 2 Chronicles you see the phrase over and over "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good and His love endures forever" - I love that!! He is good. Lord I just pray over the nations that you would be known as GOOD. Especially our nation, help us to show You are good Lord and Your love endures forever.

Love you Abba
In Christ alone,

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment